How you start your marriage makes all the difference.
There's a reason that God uses marriage as a symbol of what our relationship with Him is like. It is the most intimate, character-defining relationship you're able to have on earth. Making this relationship a priority and putting forth the effort in cultivating this relationship is essential to a healthy, thriving and God-honoring marriage. No matter where you're at in your relationship, or how long you have been married, it is never too late to make it better.
Preparing for Marriage
To set your relationship up for success, building your relationship off the firmest foundation possible is essential. At Meck we believe this is essential for any couple preparing for marriage.
Are you considering getting married at Meck, do you want a Meck pastor to perform your wedding? Fill out this survey and we would love to help walk with you through this process. Fill out our Marriage Prep form. Below, you'll find a checklist for weddings:
- Take the TeamLife class and become a member at Meck.
- Fill out the Marriage Prep form.
- Take the Meck Institute Marriage Prep class - a six-week class designed to help you and your future spouse lay the groundwork for a life-long relationship.
It’s our desire to see you thrive in your marriage. We know that the best way to do that is to keep God at the center of your relationship, and to be taking intentional steps for growing closer together. Keep things fresh by taking advantage of classes in the Meck Institute and walking alongside other couples through Groups in it for the long haul too. You can also check out some of these reads together:
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Thomas
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy Keller
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
- Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
When (yes, when) conflict arises, know that we are here to support you. Contact our Pastoral Team to meet with a pastor or receive a list of trusted Christian Counselors in your area.